Linux Newbie Question

Hi everyone,

I have just started to use Linux and I had a question, it is probably a really dumb question so please forgive me.

I am using Red Hat Linux 9.

I just installed a new Graphics Card and the system resolution reset to default. Now if I try to up the resolution it tells me that I need to restart the XServer for the changes to take effect.

Problem is I have no idea what the XServer is or how to control it. I searched services list and the RedHat site and the built in docs and I can’t find anything.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some useful info?

Thanks.