Re: cups

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Edy wrote:

> HI,
> any body want to give some explanation how cups works?
> i already finished install cups, how i configure the printer so windows client can print to linux printer.
> what should i do, and the cups still have a problem after add a new printer a try to print test, but in status i see the job deleted and now print out.
>
> if i try with lpstat -d -p
> system default destination epson
> epson is idle, enable since...
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Edy

I assume you have the printer working for the linux machine.
With some help from Mike klinke and a MacNN Tutorial I found
( I used this with Win XP and Win98)
this is what I did to get my windows printer to work with
cups I added a link:
ln -s /usr/bin/smbspool /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb
restart the cups daemon
Open cups admin by going to http://localhost:631/admin
Add Printer
Name - the printer spool name