Re: Usernames with UPPER case

Mike,

from man usermod:
-l login_name
The name of the user will be changed from 'login' to 'login_name'. Nothing else is changed.

thus I would think that 'usermod -l sue Sue' would be correct. No matter even if I reverse it to be 'usermod -l Sue sue, I get the same error.

   'usermod invalid field Sue' or
   'usermod invalid field sue'

I have to do more searching. I cannot believe that usernames with uppercase letters are illegal.

Thanks,

Bob