FTP problem on local LAN server

Hello,

          I am Srinivas from Bangalore, India. I have a problem with ftp on my college LAN server. The system contains Redhat Linux 9.0 installed as a server installation. I have chosen the options to allow incoming telnet and ftp during installation. I also have put the ftp daemon "vsftpd" in system startup. But when any user trys to login to the server thru ftp, the following message is flashed. Please help me to get over this problem.

ftp 192.168.9.30
OOPS : getpwnam error : nobody
Child exited   (or something similar)

This is the error message I get. Please help me, how to solve this problem quickly. The server holds many important data files and users are not able to download the files.

Regards,
Srinivas.

Do you Yahoo!?