Re: messages when shutting down

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 09:37 am, Renato Haber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a minor error that is not affecting my system, but still is
> irritating me... :)
>
> When I shut down (or reboot) my system, I get one black window, and that
>   is it! The messages telling stopping this, stopping that, do not
> appear     (the services are being stopped). I am running RH 9 on
> inspiron 2650 (laptop) w/ nvidia 32MB GeForce2 Go.

If you are running X, can you switch to terminal 1 or 2 or 3 ? Try doing:
CTRL-ALT-F1 or CTRL-ALT-F2, you should get a login. CTRL-ALT-F7 to get back to
X.

I am just wondering if somehow the resolution of your terminal is not correct,
which makes you unable to see anything on terminal (TTY). The above way is
just to test it out if you can actually see terminal. Just a shot in the
dark, since I've never seen this before.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy