Re: NFS: How to Use?

Hello,
On the server where the shares are, you need to setup /etc/exports.
This is a file which tells the nfs server which areas of the disk must be
exported so that they are visible to the other users.
After you have made changes to this file, you should restart nfs for the
changes to
take effect.
service nfs restart should do it.
You must be root user when you do this.
On the client machine, use showmount -e server where server is the
hostname
of the machine containing the share disks.
Showmount will then show you what you can mount from that server as nfs.
This is my /etc/exports file.
It contains a line that makes /home/willem/rh9 available as an nfs share
to a computer called test.

/home/willem/rh9 test (nohide)#
To mount an nfs file system you would then use:
As root,
mount -tnfs server:/home/willem/rh9 /mnt/floppy
or simmelar.
hth
Willem