Re: X11 window with no frame or title bar

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 02:57 pm, Bret Hughes wrote:
> I thought I knew how to do this but I am unable to do so currently.  How
> can I launch an application, say, mplayer so that there is no window
> frame title bar etc?  I thought I had this information but can't find
> it.  Googling for hours leads me too far astray.  I am not sure what the
> x term for all the things are.
>

> Is this an XResources thing?  I have totally confused my self with too
> much information from too many sources and am hoping someone here will
> help me focus my efforts.
>
> I think part of the deal is that I am not even sure what service/layer
> provides this functionality. X11, windowmanager, desktop, etc.  I
> thought it might be all of them and wish I could get my head around the
> delegation of responsibilities with regard to this.

I think this would be Window / Desktop manager specific, rather than X11.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
What Window manager are you using?

For example, I use FVWM2, and I can put a "style" definition in fvwmrc file
for different styles for different apps (eg. no frame, no scroolbar, etc).

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy