Re: USB to SCSI device naming

Kunkel, Mark wrote:

What I can not do is mount this device. It is a compact flash memory with a vfat file system on it.
If I put the compact flash in a different reader (which is USB 1.1), I can read it fine, so I know that I have the file system support that I need. When I attempt to moun the device, mount complains that the device is not a valid block device.

How do I determine what the name of block device that I should use for this device in the mount command?

I am running RedHat 8.0.

What does /var/log/messages say when activating the reader?

Regards,
Ed.