Re: rhn account/redhat list future

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:10:29PM -0400, Barry Johnson wrote:

> 1.  With redhat giving up on consumer grade linux

They're not.  Please see the recently announced Red Hat Linux Professional
Workstation.

> I was wondering what
> will become of this mailing list.  I know many people do run redhat
> enterprise linux, but many more run the consumer version in server
> roles.  With redhat moving everything over to fedora I was wondering if
> this list will become the defacto fedora list??

There are fedora lists.  I would expect this list to to continue.  It
will either die a natural death eventually if people stop posting and
answering, in which Red Hat will kill it, it we will all help keep it
going.

> 2.  I purchased a rhn account to help support redhat, since they won't
> be shipping redhat 10, and it isn't clear if up2date will be available
> for fedora what value this account bring me, and has redhat considered
> this.

up2date supports Fedora
up2date supports RHL Professional Workstation

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx