Re: red hat 10 release date

At 20:48 10/5/2003, you wrote:
It's not missing all of the server applications, even if it's identical
to RHEL WS.  Here's the list of server apps that I took from the taroon beta:

[ewilts@p6000 ewilts]$ grep server up2date.showall.ws
mysql-server-3.23.58-1.i386
openssh-server-3.6.1p2-18.i386
rh-postgresql-server-7.3.4-4.i386
rsh-server-0.17-17.i386
rusers-server-0.17-31.1.i386
telnet-server-0.17-26.i386
vnc-server-4.0-0.beta4.1.1.i386

httpd, sendmail, and postfix are also included.  For a small office, WS
is pretty good - no FTP server or named, but other than that you're
pretty close to everything you could want.

Named as a caching nameserver is something I wish were included. No, it doesn't really belong in a standard workstation, but for those of using it as a SOHO single workstation/server it'd be great. As just a bit more idle speculation, I wonder whether you can "up2date bind" once RHPW is installed? I don't see why not...

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx