Re: httpd and glibc compatibility problems

damovand wrote:

Hi,

I think mod_auth_mysql is probably for authenticating a remote user of MySQL. If I'm correct then I can comment out that statement. But my concern is the incompatibility that exists. Why is it so? Am I going to have problems with other modules and features? For example if I download something that needs compiling am I going to get an error?

Thanks for your advice.

Leila

Hi Leila,

There was a big change in apache from that used in RH 7.3 to that used in 9. There were changes in the organization of the configuration file. I would recommend using the new httpd.conf file, and copying the stuff from the old .conf file that is specific to your site into the new .conf. That is what I did (with mine, of course), and it worked.

HTH,
Bill