Re: kde

Brenden,

I had the same problem and traced it down to the following file:

/etc/sysconfig/desktop

The following is what is contained in the file.

DESKTOP=KDE
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

I did a little tracing of the startup process and found that to start X the
folowing script is run:

/etc/X11/prefdm

which contains logic to check for the existence of /etc/sysconfig/desktop and
executes it if it exists.  Once the variables are set, the script then uses
those variables to control how X is started.

Check this file to see what your system has.  If it is not the same, try
changing it and see if that does the trick.

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 11:25 pm, Brenden T. wrote:
Karasik, Vitaly wrote:
>>to be loaded Gnome I has got used already to KDE and I do not know where
>>to register that
>>was started KDE
>
>/etc/sysconfig/desktop - put KDE there

Just FYI, I tried this recently and it didn't work.  The login widget
still ran Gnome in stead of KDE.  I'm still tracking down exactly what
needs to be done (I'm busy with other stuff), but if this doesn't work
for you, it might be a problem with Red Hat and not just your system.

--
rm -rf /bin/laden
Do it now and often!