Run a script automatically when an IP is added

Oracle's clusterware can migrate a VIP from one server to another. I'd like to have the target server automatically run a shell script once the new IP comes in. Is there a way to detect that and trigger execution of this script?

This
http://www.diglinux.com/2012/04/07/linux-heartbeat-ip-fail-over-2/
looks like what I need. But I wonder if a simpler solution exists, preferably without installing extra package. In fact, yum install heartbeat on my Red Hat box didn't find the package.

Thanks.