Re: gpt formatting and uefi booting

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM, <m.roth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
>> >
>> > Don't I have to run the parted -a opt on a RedHat system?
>> > Is parted available from the installation DVD?
>> >
>> I'm not sure. We run mostly CentOS at work, so the same as RHEL, and
>> it's available when we're doing our PXEboot installs.
>>
> Thanks again, Mark.   The University does have some PXEboot install tools.
> I will try those.

Make sure you tell it graphical mode install. I would think that the text
mode just goes and partitions and installs. I forget whether graphical
mode will allow you to do GPT, but what you can do, when it asks for "how
do you want to use the disk", is <f2> (?<f4?) anyway, that gets you to a
command line, and then you can manually partition it, using parted. Then,
after you've created the GPT and partitions, go back to the GUI, and tell
it custom, and then you'll be able to just assign mount points.

          mark