description of what happens when subscription has expired

Hi all,

The context is about installing several RHEL 6 VMs on an hypervisor for production use.

I'm on the way to explain the RHN subcription feature to a customer.
When documenting on that topic, I found tons of documents describing the advantages: download and install from Red Hat, plus many other things.

Unfortunately, I cant find what cant/may not be done if a RHEL 6 system is not registered or has been registered but is expired.

Searching a bit drives me to a conclusion:
- unregistered systems may not use RH yum repositories.
- a system may be registered for free, but for a 30-day trial
- when a subscription expires: may not use RH yum repositories.

Please, would you tell me how far from the truth am I? :-)

Thanks a lot.

--
RMA.