Re: sending mail from sendmail is very slow!!!!

On 08/01/12 02:52, raj sourabh wrote:
Thanks all for your replies.

The following changes saved lot of time and now mails are processed within
5 sec :)

I was trying to sendmail to gmail account. here is wat my host file looks
like..

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost TESTSRV
192.168.11.50           TESTSRV
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
173.194.79.27 gmail.com
173.194.79.27 gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
~

That's *not* good. You shouldn't have anything that you don't control in your hosts file. Worst case: put google's nameservers in your resolv.conf

	mark

Thank you all for your help...