Re: Which nivida drivers?

Hi, Margaret,

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> I have two systems that need Nivdia drivers, but I don't know which ones.

<snip>
Use lshw or dmidecode, through more, and find out what it says it is. Then
go to NVidia's website, and see which driver it wants for
Linux.<http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us>

Alternatively, add elrepo to your repositories, and install kmod-nvidia -
much easier, and it'll autorebuild every time you update to a new kernel &
reboot. I'm slowly moving folks here to that.

Note you *can* explicitly make that the only thing you get from elrepo -
you do it in your elrepo.repo config file.

       mark