Re: Will Oracle ever be certified for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6?

The last I checked (a month or so ago), OEL 6 wasn't on the matrix either either and I can't see how OEL 6 can gain certification without certifying REL 6...

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_Enterprise_Linux

"OEL is 100% compatible with Red Hat Linux"

I'm not sure how others have approached OEL versus REL, however our organization long ago standardized on REL (with some CentOS dev systems) and has no plans of changing even on our Oracle database tiers... something doesn't taste right by essentially copying someone else's work and then attempting to charge for it.

Aaron