Re: Kickstart Post Problem

On 03/16/2011 05:40 AM, Mertens, Bram wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mr. Paul M. Whitney
Sent: woensdag 16 maart 2011 13:01
To: General discussion list Red Hat Linux
Subject: Kickstart Post Problem

I am at my wits end here.  I am trying to create a custom RHEL 5.6
build.  At the end of the install in my ks.cfg file I have a section
for the post installation.  I am trying to copy a file from the DVD to
Root's home directory.  Here is the snippit I have:

Not a direct answer to your question but can't you package the tar file in an RPM, add that to the DVD and install it as part of the software selection?

I agree with this proposed approach. Another option would be to make the file available via HTTP and use a curl or wget command to copy it to the new install.

----
Josh Miller, RHCE
Open Source Solutions Architect
http://itsecureadmin.com/