Re: Diagnosing stall in synchronize_srcu() from rcu_tasks_postscan()

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 01:27:36PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Hello, Mark,
>
> A few days ago you mentioned stalls in RCU tasks.  Neeraj has supplied
> the following diagnostic patch, which will confirm or invalidate my
> assumptions about the cause of the stall.
>
> Could you please try it out and let us know the outcome?

As I mentioned the other day I'm having trouble getting anything I build
to show the problem, I'm noticing it only for jobs submitted by KernelCI
to my test lab.  I'm still poking at it a bit, and trying to persuade
the automation to process the branch I have which should be able to
trigger on random commits which would hopefully also let me trigger
things that way, but at the minute anything I build myself appears to
run fine even when I try to use the same toolchain and so on.