Re: Lockup of (raid5 or raid6) + vdo after taking out a disk under load

On Mon, 2024-07-22 at 20:56 +0300, Konstantin Kharlamov wrote:
> On Mon, 2024-07-15 at 09:56 +0800, Yu Kuai wrote:
> > Line number will be helpful.
>
> So, after tinkering with building scripts I managed to build modules
> with debug symbols (not the kernel itself but should be good enough),
> but for some reason kernel doesn't show line numbers in stacktraces.
> No idea what could be causing it

FTR, getting a kernel with debug info doesn't seem to be on the
horizon. I tried researching into that and apparently kernel has
`bindeb-pkg` target that we're using to build the kernel, and it
unconditionally strips it (similarly to deb-pkg and srcdeb-pkg targets,
at scripts/Makefile.package:121). I found a few places in code where I
removed the stripping and replaced `strip` to `false` to make sure I
get an error if something else tries to do that, but at this point I'm
stuck with kernel succeeding the build, but leaving missing binaries
behind.

I might try digging into why installing `-dbg` package doesn't make
lines appear in stacktraces, but I presume it would take some time.

Meanwhile, as far as raid456 driver concerned, I can decode it manually
by feeding stacktrace offsets to gdb.