Re: missing Levels.

Juan P C <audioprof2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Enmotus FuzeDrive 1.6TB its actually a QLC 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe
> that Requires Windows Raid drivers.
>
> Has built-in different technologies, All-in-one.
>
> #1. Smart Cache RAID mode...
> Small fast SSD + Larger HDD.
> Similar to intel Optane or Apple Fusion Drive,
> But both solid, smarter,
> defrag the ssd,
> moves most access files to Cache drive,
> and files with less access to Main/Large storage.

Caching isn't RAID.  If you want caching, see dm-cache or bcache.

> #2. RAID2 mode.

RAID2 isn't something that really exists in the industry.  According to
wikipedia, it was once used to refer to a bit level, rather than block
level type of striping with parity.  These people seem to be making up
their own system and it sounds like snakeoil.

> the drive is partitioned in 2.
> 1/4 of the 2TB QLC is used in Raid level=2 mode.
>
> The reason is to emulate an SLC with QLC.
> Increase speed & longevity by 4x
> By reducing size 1/4.

I can't tell if you are talking about one drive, or two.  You can't
magically speed up a single drive nor increase its longetivity.

> Real SLC are very expensive & power hungry.
> QLC are cheap.
>
> Basically 2 Raids in 1.
> Inception.

Which two?  raid10 is "2 raids in 1" ( raid0 and raid1 ).