Changes in md branch management

In the past, we managed the md patches in two branches: md-next and md-fixes.
This approach has a few issues:
1. It is not very clear which upstream version a patch will land in;
2. Around the merge window, there is no good base for md-next.

We will try to solve these issues with a new approach:
1. We will use numbered branches like md-6.9. Patches applied to the numbered
   branches are planned to land in the numbered upstream release. Git commit
   hash in these numbered branches should be the same as their final hash.
2. When there is no good base for the next numbered branch, which is usually
   after previous rc7 and before the next rc2, accepted patches will
be applied to
   md-tmp branch. These patches are expected to be cherry-picked later to a
   numbered branch, so the git commit hash may change.

Please let me know if you have comments and suggestions with this approach.

Thanks,
Song