Re: [GIT PULL] md-next 20230622

On 6/22/23 11:48?PM, Song Liu wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> Please consider pulling the following changes for md-next on top of your
> for-6.5/block branch. The major changes are:
>
> 1. Deprecate bitmap file support, by Christoph Hellwig;
> 2. Fix deadlock with md sync thread, by Yu Kuai;
> 3. Refactor md io accounting, by Yu Kuai.

This is quite a lot on the day that I prepare pull requests for the
merge window... I've said this many times before, but just to state this
in completeness, maybe it'll benefit others too:

1) Major changes for the next release should be sent to me _at least_ 1
   week prior to the merge window opening. That way it gets some decent
   soak time in linux-next before heading upstream.

2) Minor fixes, either for major pulls that already went into my next
   branch or just fixes in general, can be sent anytime and I'll shove
   them into the appropriate branch.

When bigger stuff gets sent this late, then I have two choices: reject
them and tell you to send it in for the next version, or setup a new
branch just for this so I can send it to Linus in a later pull in the
merge window. Neither of those two options are great - the first one
delays you by a release, the second one creates more churn and hassle
for me.

--
Jens Axboe