Re: The read data is wrong from raid5 when recovery happens

On 5/29/23 16:40, Xiao Ni wrote:
It's the data which customers read that can be wrong. So it's a
dangerous thing. Because customers use the data directly. If it's true
it looks like there is a race between non aligned read and recovery
process.

But did you get similar report from customer from the past years? I am not
sure it is reasonable to expect the md5sum should be match under such
conditions (multiple processes do write/read with recovery in progress).

Maybe the test launched 32 processes in parallel is another factor, not sure
it still happens with only 1 process which means only do read after write.

Anyway, I think io accounting is irrelevant.

Thanks,
Guoqing