Re: how to know a hard drive will mix well

Wol, et al --

...and then Wol said...
%
% Just tried to Google it. Did I say I didn't trust WD?
%
% It sounds like it's marketing speak designed to re-define the meaning of
% Revolutions Per Minute.

Ew.  Figured it was something like that ...

%
%
% I'd go and look for another X300, or an Ironwolf. At least you'll know what
% you're getting ...

Thanks.  I've spent quite a bit surfing for Ironwolf, [XN]300, Exos, and
Red drives in various sizes.  Pricing is ... interesting.

Along those lines, does anyone have ACTUAL experience with MaxDigitalData
"white" drives?  I've read that they're everything from OEM bulk unbranded
major-brand-name drives to badly-refurbished used drives, so I don't need
apocrypha, but I have to at least take a look since their prices are about
half the going rate.  I'd love to buy two for the price of one and expand
from RAID5 to RAID6 ...

%
% Cheers,
% Wol