Re: fix md disk_name lifetime problems

On 2022-07-12 01:03, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this series tries to fix a problem repored by Logan where we see
> duplicate sysfs file name in md.  It is due to the fact that the
> md driver only checks for duplicates on currently live mddevs,
> while the sysfs name can live on longer.  It is an old problem,
> but the race window got longer due to waiting for the device freeze
> earlier in del_gendisk.
>
> Note that I still can't reproduce this problem so this was based
> on code inspection.  Also note that I occasionally run into a hang
> in the 07layouts tests with or without this series.

Yes, there should be a fix for 07layouts in md-next already
(92a2748dc3c5).

Your branch wasn't based off md-next and does have some conflicts.

I've rebased your patches onto md-next, replaced patch 2 with
my suggestion and ran my battery of tests on it and have found that
it fixes the bug I identified and looks good to me.

https://github.com/sbates130272/linux-p2pmem   md-lifetime-fixes

This branch will still conflict (easily) with the patch
8b9ab62662 ("block: remove blk_cleanup_disk") in your branch.

How do you want to proceed with getting these merged?

Logan