Re: raid array move

Am 30.05.22 um 23:55 schrieb o1bigtenor:
I am investing in a new system.

The old system has a raid 10 array that I would like to put into the
new system.

The new system is going to add 2 M2 drives that I want to set up as raid 1
and this is for use for /EFI, /boot, /, /var, /usr and swap.
There are 2 2.5" SDDs that are going to be set up as raid 1 for /home.

The idea is to transfer the previously used drives from the old system
into the new system.

The question:
is it better to load the system and then add the hard drives

or

do I move the drives into the system and then install the system with
the drives at the same time

when your system isn't on the RAID for whatever reason first nstall the system and leave the drives out - common sense: the installer can't do anything wrong on drives which are not present

frankly i know companies which disconnect their data SAN-storages from virtualization hosts before ESXi updates beause 1 out of 1000 times years ago it ate the data