Re: mdadm test suite improvements

Mariusz,

> On May 16, 2022, at 7:09 AM, Mariusz Tkaczyk <mariusz.tkaczyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
> I'm working on names handling in mdadm and I need to add some new test to
> the mdadm scope - to verify that it is working as desired.
> Bash is not best choice for testing and in current form, our tests are not
> friendly for developers. I would like to introduce another python based test
> scope and add it to repository. I will integrate it with current framework.
>
> I can see that currently test are not well used and they aren't often updated.
> I want to bring new life to them. Adopting more modern approach seems to be good
> start point.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mariusz

FWIW, Python is the right choice to modernize the framework. I recently ran the test suite and sent out a series [1] addressing issues we found with the test cases. I would agree that python would be more helpful in the wider adoption of the test framework.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-raid&m=165220252031480&w=2

--
Himanshu Madhani	Oracle Linux Engineering