Re: Unable to add journal device to RAID 6 array

Thanks for your reply. The bitmap state there was because the array
was active at the time.

I've found the issue however: it turns out that a previous 'check'
must have been interrupted by power loss or similar, and so the array
still had memory of this in some way (perhaps I could have seen this
state in the sysfs tree somewhere?). After reading the comment in
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.10.106/source/drivers/md/md.h#L348
I thought I'd try a 'check' followed by an 'idle', and indeed after
that I was able to successfully remove the bitmap and add a journal
device :)!

Thanks,

James