Re: Trying to rescue a RAID-1 array

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 2:02 PM Wol <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Read up on loopback devices - it's in the wiki somewhere on recovering
> your raid ...

Not in the index nor findable by google. :(

> What that does is you stick a file between the file system and
> whatever's running on top, so linux caches all your writes into the file
> and doesn't touch the disk.

Yeah, I'll need some guidance there. :( What commands do I need to run
to get sdc1 or sde1 mounted under a loopback?

> Let's hope xfs_recover didn't actually write anything or we could be in
> trouble.

All it ever did was print dots and say that something that might have been
a superblock wasn't really. It didn't sound like it did anything.

> The whole point about v1.0 is - hallelujah - the file system starts at
> the start of the partition!

with the RAID superblock at the end and the file system layout at the start,
it should be good. Fingers crossed. Please point me to where I can learn
how to loopback mount an XFS file system within a RAID partition. :)

Thank you so much!!

Regards,Bruce