Re: striping 2x500G to mirror 1x1T

Hi again, all --

...and then Roman Mamedov said...
%
% And a very good point that Wols mentioned, the 1TB-disk member can be set as
% --write-mostly, since the 2x500GB RAID0 is likely to overshoot the performance
% of a single 1TB disk, even if its individual disks were slower. Not to mention
% it has two independent head sets for the same amount of data. (If we're still
% talking rotational here...)

Thanks so much for all of the input!  This sounds like the right way to
go.

I had completely forgotten the "strange magic" ;-) of RAID10 on just
two drives by reordering the two partitions on the second drive, but I
don't think that that applies here and I don't imagine it's worth the
complexity of striping two mirrors, half of each of which are partitions
on the 1T drive, so I'll just stripe [partions on] the two 500s.

Thanks again & have a great day!

:-D
--
David T-G