mdadm clone for continuous integration

Hi Jes, and other mdadm and md raid developers,

In order to help Jes to miantain mdadm more convenient, I decide to spend my time on the code review and integration testing, to (try my best to) help the Jes' maintenance process to be faster.

The current plan is, all mdadm patches posted on linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, will be applied on a mdadm clone, and some simple testing will be performed on the patches, e.g. compiling and basic md raid operation. If problem detected, a warning will be sent to the patch author. And further more, I will start to help to review the patches. I am not very familiar with mdadm code yet, so at the first one or two years, review might be slow, but it can be faster and faster while I get more familiar with the code. And of course I will ask help to the patch author to learn how/why the patch is formed in its way.

After all the process accomplished, I will apply the reviewed/tested patches to be branch maybe named for-jes, against the latest upstream mdadm tree. Then Jes may avoid to spend his valuable time on simple problems.

The mdadm clone for continuous integration can be found on,

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/colyli/mdadm.git/

You don't need to do anything, I just fetch all patches on mailing list and handle them and let you know the result. The result is a reference or Jes' maintenance work.

Let me start it from scratch now, and see how it goes after next 2 or 3 years. Thank you all in advance, for all necessary help in future.

Coly Li