Re: Latest HP ProLiant DL380 G10 RAID1 support?

The report shows:

RAID bus controller [0104]: Intel Corporation C620 Series
Chipset Family SSATA Controller [RAID mode] [8086:a1d6] (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Device [1590:00e6]
    Kernel driver in use: ahci

It's a new server, I know the older servers in the same line worked
okay (but maybe different configuration).    So there is no update to
mdadm to handle these systems (whatever the new RAID configuration
data is) and the customer will have to use Windows boot disk instead?
 I mean, why would a company create a new RAID metadata layout and
break all existing support for standards when it's still just RAID1,
5, etc.. ?