Re: Nothing wrong, but is my website advice wonky?

Wol> Problem solved! My usual problem of missing the detail...

How was the problem solved?  Can you provide details on the before and
after setup?  It should be trivial to test with loop back devices.

Wol> I'd described starting with a 2-drive mirror and converting it to
Wol> a 3-drive raid-5. I was actually starting with a 2-active-1-spare
Wol> mirror ...

So if you had removed the spare before hand, would it have jumped
straight to a three drive RAID 5 setup?  And curious why you didn't
goto RAID6?  RAID5 just makes me nervous these days, I don't trust it
since drives tend to fail in waves.

But in my home system, I also mostly just mirror (or even triple
mirror!) my important data for both speed and ease of recovery.