The mdadm maintenance

Hi Jes,

As Paul and Mariusz suggested, I post this email for your opinion.

From the recent communication on linux-raid mailing list, I know and fully understand you are too busy to take care mdadm and response other developers in time. I'd like to help to maintainer mdadm project if you are glad to. I am very happy with my current job and employer, it is very probably I can be stable on the maintenance role for quite long time before I am retired (maybe 20+ years if I may live that long time).

So if you feel it works, and other folks on linux-raid being supportive, I'd like to take the maintenance of mdadm and keep things moving forward. Now I am bcache (linux/drivers/md/bcache/) maintainer of upstream Linux kernel, and SUSE internal md raid and mdadm maintainer. Taking care of mdadm can be my daily regular job for quite long time.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Coly Li