Re: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 4.2-rc2 - A tool for managing md Soft RAID under Linux

On 8/3/21 8:07 AM, Felix Lechner wrote:
> Hi Jes,
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 10:14 AM Jes Sorensen <jes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I am pleased to announce the availability of the second rc release of
>> mdadm-4.2
>
> Thanks for this! I package mdadm in Debian. Did you push your most
> recent changes?
>
> Could you furthermore tag the RC commits, please? For the previous
> release candidate 4.2-rc1 I found commit c11b1c3c, but it was
> untagged. In Debian, we replace the tilde with an underscore as
> described here [1] to get around Git's tag name restrictions. It would
> be great if you tag both commits in Git, please.

It's been pushed now, I forgot to push it after I tagged it and did the
release build. My bad, sorry. Thanks for pointing this out.

> Finally, a question about procedure: Do you folks copy people
> explicitly when replying even though they are on the list? Thank you
> for all your hard work!

I generally reply all, I like to have the thread directly in my inbox if
I am on the CC list.

Cheers,
Jes