Re: 4-disk RAID6 (non-standard layout) normalise hung, now all disks spare

Good morning Jason,

On 6/27/21 7:09 AM, Jason Flood wrote:
Good morning Phil, Wol,

So force was sufficient to assemble.  But you are still stuck at 99%.

Look at the output of ps to see if mdmon is still running (that is the background process that actually reshapes stripe by stripe).  If not, look in your logs for clues as to why it died.

If you can't find anything significant, the next step would be to backup the currently functioning array to another system/drive collection and start from scratch.  I wouldn't trust anything else with the information available.

Phil

Will do, thanks. I have a few assignments due next weekend so I may not be able to report back for a week.

No worries.

ps.  Convention on kernel.org mailing lists is to NOT top-post, and to trim unnecessary context.

Sorry. First time on a mailing list since well before Outlook was invented!

No worries. Also note that many mailing lists disagree with this. And with kernel.org's convention to CC: all participants. You almost can't avoid getting flamed one way or the other. (:

Thanks again, Phil and Wol.

You're welcome.

Phil