Re: Question: RAID cabinet for home use

>>>>> "antlists" == antlists  <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

antlists> On 23/06/2021 18:22, John Stoffel wrote:
>> If you have space inside your main computer, then I would look into an
>> LSI Logic MTP Fusion SATA/SAS controller with 8 ports.  Then you can
>> use some of the "IcyDock" expansion bays inside which turns two or
>> three 5.25" bays into 4-5 3.5" bays.

antlists> If that's the route you're looking at, I'm trying to source
antlists> a Cooler Master N300 case, which takes EIGHT 3.5"
antlists> drives. Most of them are internal so hotswap is out of the
antlists> question, though.

I did more serious looking last fall, but supplies were low and
hot-swap bays start to get expensive and I don't really need them.
Wanting is another story.  :-)

antlists> Dunno what's happened with the cases - have they dropped the
antlists> line? Or has CoVid just exhausted current supplies?

I think Covid has messed up supply lines and such.  It's going to be a
while before things are normal again.

I'm almost tempted to try and goto a local used computer place and see
what they have for big old cases.