Re: My superblocks have gone missing, can't reassemble raid5

On 5/20/2021 3:49 PM, Nix wrote:

odds one of them will work are not terrible, and if so, he is in good
shape. Are you seriously implying there is no way any of them could
possibly work?

Of course not, but it's *likely* none will work.

Well, it is not unlikely none will work. I would estimate the OP has a pretty fair chance it will work.

mdadm's default chunk
size has probably changed since the array was created if it's more than
a few years old, for starters.

Which is precisely why I specified the chunk size (-c 512) reported by his Examine on the command line. This eliminates any ambiguity. Since the build in Debian Buster is also using a default chunk size of 512K, it is unlikely the default has changed since he created the array. Older versions used 64K. Specifying the chunk size on the command line makes the issue moot.