Re: Fwd: [OT][X-POST] RAID-6 hw rebuild speed

122 to 204 MB/sec old    if efficient writing all would take about an hour.
200 to 300 MB/sec new.  if efficient writing all 600gb woudl take 2400sec.

so it should be maybe 2x faster.

So to get 20 hours, I am going to guess the old disk had the write
cache turned off and the disk working badly, that would explain it
being that much slower.

It may mean all of the old disk has the write cache on the disk
disabled and the new one does not have it disabled, or the hardware
raid is more efficiently working with the write cache off with the new
disk vs the old disk.  Or it could be the write cache is the same and
the new disk with new firmware works better with command queuing so
wastes less time seeking back and forth.