Re: partitions & filesystems

Wol, et al --

...and then antlists said...
%
% On 30/11/2020 20:05, David T-G wrote:
% >
% >output because you have apparently created your filesystem on the entire
% >device (hey, I didn't know one could do that!).
%
% That, actually, is the norm. It is NOT normal to partition a raid array.

Oh!  That's two things I've learned today :-)

%
% >So the display isn't interesting, although the logic behind that approach
% >certainly is to me.
%
% Your approach seems to be at odds with *normal* practice, although

Well, that isn't surprising; I haven't been a real^Wprofessional Sys Admin
for a decade or more now.  I don't by any means pretend to even think that
I know what's what :-)  I was happy to just be able to explain why the OP's
"filesystem" was missing.

% there is nothing wrong with it. At the end of the day, as far as
% linux is concerned, one block device is much the same as any other.

True.  TMTOWTDI :-)

%
% Cheers,
% Wol