Re: “root account locked” after removing one RAID1 hard disc

On 30/11/20 10:29, c.buhtz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> And here is at least part of your problem. If the mount fails, systemd
>> will halt and chuck you into a recovery console.
>
> btw: I am not able to open the recovery console. I am not able to enter
> the shell.
> In the Unix/Linux world all things have reasons - no matter that I do
> not know or understand all of them.
> But this is systemd. ;)
>
> I see no no reason to stop the boot process just because a unneeded
> data-only partition/drive is not available.

You haven't told systemd it's not needed. How else is it supposed to know?

There's some option you put in fstab which says "don't worry if you
can't mount this disk". My NTFS drive wasn't needed, but it still caused
the boot to crash ...

Cheers,
Wol