Re: Linux raid-like idea

On 13/09/20 13:50, John Stoffel wrote:
> I know, I really need to buy another drive, but my main system is
> full, so I *also* need to either get a new case, or one of those 5 x
> 3.5" into 3 x 5.25" bay cages to make some room.  Decisions... decisions...

I know I keep on saying it, but I really think I'm close to getting my
new main system (and hence my development system) sorted, and I think I
need to buy one of those cages too.

If you did get those two 8TB drives, you could still have your 8TB 3-way
mirror without needing any more bays/sata-ports.

My problem, of course, is if I'm playing with raid layouts I need as
many disks as I can cram in :-) I'm counting 6 tucked away in my drawer,
which means I'll almost certainly need to add an add-in 4-way sata card,
and as those drives are a mixture of 500GB and 1TB, I'll probably split
the 1TBs into 2x500GB and ignore md complaining that I have multiple
components on the same physical disk ...

Cheers,
Wol