Config option for removing bbl on assembly?

Hi,

Could we have a config setting for removing the bad blocks list on
assembly?

I'm aware that one could put:

CREATE bbl=no

in mdadm.conf and then newly created arrays won't have a bad blocks
list. But in many cases, system arrays are created before an
mdadm.conf exists, so they get a bbl.

So, to remove a bbl I know that you have to stop the array and
assemble it like:

# mdadm /dev/mdX --assemble --update=no-bbl

Again, for arrays with the actual system on it this is rather
inconvenient. Even having to have some downtime of the service to do
this is not great.

So how about a config option telling mdadm to remove empty bbl the
next time arrays are assembled? If there is a bbl with entries in it
then it could warn and not remove it (so no force).

Cheers,
Andy