Re: Feature request: Remove the badblocks list

On 8/18/20 4:03 PM, Håkon Struijk Holmen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the CC, I just managed to get myself subscribed to the list :)
>
> I have gathered some thoughts on the subject as well after reading up on it,
> figuring out the actual header format is, and writing a tool [3] to fix my
> array...

<snip>
> But I have some complaints about the thing..

Well,

  There is code in all things that can be fixed, but I for one will chime in
and say I don't care if a lose a strip or two so long as on a failed disk I
pop the new one in and it rebuilds without issue (which it does, even when the
disk was replaced due to bad blocks)

  So whatever is done, don't fix what isn't broken and introduce more bugs
along the way. If this is such an immediate problem, then why are patches
being attached to the complaints?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.