Re: Confusing output of --examine-badblocks1 message

> However, back to --examine-badblocks. It seems it's reporting the same sector
> numbers in the list for several (up to eight) drives. If I understand this
> correctly, something strange has hit and damanged all drives on fixed sector
> numbers, such as this
>
> Bad-blocks on /dev/sdm:
>           436362944 for 128 sectors
>
> It doesn't seem very likely, to be honest, that a lot of drives suddenly damage
> the same sector at once. I can see the same occur on a friend's server -
> sectors with identical 'bad' sector numbers been listed on individual drives.

It seems very likely the badblocks list is just replicated to new drives. I just started

# mdadm /dev/md0 --replace /dev/sdb --with /dev/sdk

where sdk is a drive known to be good. It's about halfway through and it's already copied part of the badblocks list. No I/O errors have been reported in dmesg or otherwise.

Any idea how to remove this list and start over?

Vennlig hilsen

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk