Re: decruft the early init / initrd / initramfs code v2

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:06 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> this series starts to move the early init code away from requiring
> KERNEL_DS to be implicitly set during early startup.  It does so by
> first removing legacy unused cruft, and the switches away the code
> from struct file based APIs to our more usual in-kernel APIs.

Looks good to me, with the added note on the utimes cruft too as a
further cleanup (separate patch).

So you can add my acked-by.

I _would_ like the md parts to get a few more acks. I see the one from
Song Liu, anybody else in md land willing to go through those patches?
They were the bulk of it, and the least obvious to me because I don't
know that code at all?

              Linus