Recovering From RAID5 Failure

Hello,

I have an old NAS device (Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d  2.1.48.30125)
which has failed to warn me that things were going awry. The NAS is
now in a state that appears unrecoverable from its limited GUI, and is
asking for overwrite confirmation on all 4 drives (1.8TB WD drives).
This smells of data loss, so I hopped on the box and did some
investigating:

I can "more" to find data on each of two partitions for each of the 4
drives /dev/sd[abcd][12] so the drives are functioning in some
capacity. I believe this is running in a RAID 5 configuration, at
least that's what the settings state.

Here's what I'm working with...
# mdadm --version
mdadm - v2.6.7.2 - 14th November 2008

I believe the array was first created in 2011. Not sure if the disks
have been replaced since then, as this array was given to me by a
friend.

I am unsure of how I should go about fixing this, and which (if any)
drives truly needs replacing. My next step would be to try:
# mdadm /dev/md1 --assemble /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb2 /dev/sdc2 /dev/sdd2
(and if that didn't work, maybe try the --force command?). Would this
jeopardize data like the --create command can?

I've compiled output from the following commands here:
https://pastebin.com/EmqX3Tyq
# fdisk -l
# cat /etc/fstab
# cat /proc/mdstat
# mdadm -D /dev/md0
# mdadm -D /dev/md1
# mdadm --examine /dev/sd[abcd]1
# mdadm --examine /dev/sd[abcd]2
# cat /etc/lvm/backup/md1_vg
# dmesg
# cat /var/log/messages

I don't know if md0 needs to be fixed first (if it's even
malfunctioning). I have never administered RAID volumes at this level
before. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!