Re: Setup Recommendation on UEFI/GRUB/RAID1/LVM

On 14.04.20 18:20, Reindl Harald wrote:
RAID machines are supposed to
live many many years and you just move the disks to your next machine
and boot as yesterday

This is exactly the idea behind that setup. My OS will be Arch Linux which is a rolling distribution. I have some years of very good experience with it on my development machine and I love to have the newest and supported software/kernel/libs it is providing.

For these very rare cases in which the system update will somehow hurt something I need the LVM snapshots to get me running again pretty soon if needed. I bought double hardware like motherboard/processor and will change disks at latest after 5 years. The system is supposed to run for 10+ years and will host some virtual machines based on KVM (one of them is from 2006 :-) running ubuntu LTS, totally outdated but always there, when needed, guess the next 10 years, LOL).